Monday 25 March 2013

Contacting more placements pt 1

Another area I'm interested in is retouching, and have done some research into where I could contact to get a placement in this area. The first place I have looked is Metro Imaging in London, who have put together a very talented team of creative retouchers over the last twenty years. They work closely with their clients to achieve detailed and more than satisfactory outcomes.
Above is their retouching page, which I had a look through before deciding I really liked the look of their work. There are a few ways I could have contacted them, and I chose to email them using the general enquiries option shown below.
I proceeded to email Mr Window and ask if it would be possible for me to gain some work experience. Here is a screenshot of my email:
To my surprise, I received a reply within 48 hours. Unfortunately, it wasn't good news. Here's a screenshot of my reply:
Now that Metro has declined, I plan to look up more companies and get in contact with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment