Monday 18 March 2013

Website preparation

I have finally decided that I want to use Weebly to make my website, as it's easy to use and reviews make it sound very trustworthy. In order to prepare myself for setting up the website, I have resized my images in photoshop.
The original images were around 4000 pixels wide and I've resized them to 800, while I set the resolution to 72. Once I've done all my images I will start to design my website. It will include a page for portraits and a page for landscapes. As well as a selection of projects I've created for University. Constructing Narratives is the first one that we've been asked to include, I also plan to add my Documentary images, and photos of my Situated practise book. That is the minimum I plan to use, and will add personal projects at some point too.

Weebly allows you to connect straight to other websites such as Twitter, so I've decided to make myself a professional Twitter. In order to follow other photographers and galleries, to network myself with other professionals.
I used an image of me photographing for my icon, and my background image is a photo I've taken for my latest University brief. I now follow a lot of photography and art twitters such as The V&A and Rankin. I will update it with anything to do with photography, and have already updated it on a photoshoot I did at the weekend. This was just the push I needed to create my professional account, as I've been debating whether to make one for ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment