Tuesday 5 March 2013

Contacting placements

I have decided that I'd like to work in portraiture for my placement, and therefore have began searching for local photographers. Many I have come across also do wedding's, which I'm also open to trying.
The first photographer I found was Tim Driver, I liked the look of his work and sent him an email. I have also telephones him twice, but have received no answer both times. I plan to send another email, and telephone a few more times to try and get a response.
A friend of mine recommended the photography studio in Rendlesham, which is only a twenty minute drive away from where I live and therefore easy to get to. I rang the gentleman who works there and he informed me that there is currently no calling for weddings, but if more work crops up he will let me know.
The third place I found is an actual studio as well as photographer, which is based in Ipswich so will also be easy to travel to. I have phoned the studio twice and received no answer, so my next plan of action is to go and visit the studio. That is the progress of my placement search so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment